Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Person I'll Marry.....

I saw this as a pin on Pinterest and while the conversation was pretty funny, it also got me thinking; the person I'll fall in love with and marry someday is walking the earth right now. Breathing, eating, living and making memories that someday he'll share with me.

As I contemplate him and all the unknowns about our future, it sets my mind to wondering. Has he already given his life to Christ? Is he praying for someone like me to waltz- or trip in my case- into his life? Or simpler things like: what's his favorite book? Does he live for pizza and chicken strips or does he prefer more grown-up fare?

The most baffling question I have yet to ask myself: is he wondering the same things as me? Does he sit up during sleepless nights or daydream about me? Does he plan our house and name our children?

When I wake up to my reality, I realize most of these suppositions are completely pointless. I can write down lists and decide on deal breakers, but Only One knows the real ending to my love/life story: the One who wrote it.

And while it's a fun distraction at times, I know deep down that while I may not have the slightest clue about him, God knows everything minor detail about him. The same way He knows me.  Psalms 139 talks about how well God knows us and in Matthew 10 I'm reminded of how precious I am to God. FYI He knows how.many hairs are on my head. He's known me before the world was formed and He'll know me after everything is dust.

What I'm trying to say is: I'm not worried!  I believe that God has a perfect plan for my life and the time is right, He'll lead my Prince Charming to me. Until then, I'll be content to daydream about my fairytale.

1 comment: